So, you’re looking for ways to maximise bedroom space? If so, these hacks are for you! Storage bed bases make the most of empty space by creating a whole new drawer-like space inside the bed base. This feature offers users ample space in which to store a wide range of items. Essentially, these beds act like an extension of the cupboard and become an ideal spot for storing goods you don’t access daily. When it comes to storage bed bases, the types of things that you can keep are endless and might include the following:
- Clothing that is out of season (like clunky winter jackets or summer beach wear)
- Books and DVDs
- Spare bed linen and towels
- Crafting supplies and wrapping paper
- Kids’ toys and games
- Valuable items (always in lockable boxes/safes)
- Accessories, handbags, belts, and hats
- Cushions and throws
- Sports equipment and clothing
Taking Full Advantage of Your Storage Bed Bases
Now you know what you can store in your storage bed bases, it’s time to consider how you might make the most of that empty space inside your bed base. Here are some top tips to ensure that you make the most out of your storage bed bases.
- Use Organisers and Storage Boxes
A great way to organise the storage bed base is to use organisers and boxes. This allows you to get track of different items rather than throwing everything into the base. Create boxes for additional items, for example, bulky winter jackets, summer dresses, sandals and beach gear, or accessories and loose items.
- Try Vacuum Packing Bags
If you’ve got loads of stuff you need to store – but aren’t ready to give away – vacuum packs are a lifesaver. They reduce space significantly by sucking out the air. This enables them to substantially reduce the area that cumbersome items take up. Moreover, these bags can protect fabrics from dust, moths, and moisture, further enhancing their lifespan.
- Consider Storage Bags
If you don’t want to use vacuum seal bags, you can also use locked storage bags. While these won’t suck out the air and make things much smaller, they offer an excellent organisation solution and can keep fragile fabrics and items like silk scarves or cashmere clothing safe from critters like moths.
- Roll Clothing Rather Than Folding
Rolling bulkier items like blankets, heavy jumpers, and comforters, is a great way to save extra space. Roll items into the organiser drawer or simply place the rolled-up items into the storage base.
- Label All the Boxes and Bags
As an added hack, label all the boxes and bags. This will save you a lot of time when you need to find items. Rather than having to open every box and spend hours searching, labels will help you to streamline the process and find what you’re looking for with ease.
Why Not Consider these Other Tips for Incredible Bedroom Storage?
So, you’re thinking of purchasing one of our storage bed bases, and you’re feeling excited about the prospect of maximising bedroom space and decluttering your home? Did you know that there are loads of other hacks around that will enable homeowners to make the most of their existing space? Here are some bonus space-saving tips:
- Consider an End-of-Bed Trunk: This is a great place to store linen, extra cushions, and bulky winter wear.
- Add Some Floating Shelves: These are a great space-saving solution and are the perfect place to store items like books, ornaments, jewellery, and plants.
- Use Draw Dividers: These are a must for bedroom organisation and often allow for more space by creating a specific place for each item.
- Add Hooks to The Back of The Bedroom Door: Door hooks are a great place to store accessories like bags, belts, and scarves.
Chat with Our Bed Experts
If you are ready to revamp your room and make the most out of your bedroom space, storage bed bases are one of the easiest ways to do so. Explore our range and get in touch for more details on our epic storage bed bases, mattresses, and bedroom accessories. We can’t wait to chat with you and help you to create your dream, clutter-free bedroom.