If you often entertain or have family that lives far away, it’s likely that you’re used to having guests stay over. Creating a comfortable guest room is one of the best ways to make visitors feel at home in your space. A double mattress is a great idea for spare bedrooms since they don’t take up monumental space and can happily accommodate two guests. Double mattresses have so many advantages for both primary bedrooms and spare bedrooms, including:
- They offer ample space for guests to get a great night of sleep.
- They’re brilliantly comfortable, especially when you shop with a reputable mattress supplier like The Bed Shop.
- There are so many double bed accessories around, including comforters, mattress protectors, duvet sets, and pillows.
- They are well suited for one or two guests.
- They’ll last for many years, offering a fantastic return on investment.
- They can be a brilliant storage solution when you opt for a storage bed base along with a double mattress.
- They come in a range of firmness levels, depending on your preferences.
Once you have found the perfect mattress using our mattress-finding tool, it’s time to consider other ways in which you can make your guest room welcoming for visitors. Follow our tips below.
Make Your Guest Room Extra Homely
Once you have opted for a double mattress for your guest room and ensured that it offers visitors optimal comfort for a brilliant night of rest, there are a few other touches that you can add to your guest room to offer your guests an unforgettable stay.
- Add Some Fresh Flowers: Nothing feels more homely or inviting than a vase of fresh flowers. Flowers will brighten up the space and make your guests feel extra special. They will also add a pleasant aroma to the room, further creating an ambience of tranquillity and calm.
- Roll Up Some Fresh Towels on the Bed: Fresh, fluffy towels give guests that hotel feeling and make them feel welcome and cared for. If you’re feeling extra generous, why not add a chocolate or treat of choice as a welcome token?
- Give Them Space for Their Suitcase: It’s always a great idea to give your guests ample room for their bags. Consider a small bench or kist at the end of the bed where your guests can place their bags and access them with ease. Moreover, clearing out some shelf space in the cupboard and offering your guests coat hanger space is another brilliant way to make them feel at home.
- Add a Desk and Chair: If your guests are staying a few days, consider adding a desk or chair so that they can utilise a temporary workspace if needed.
- Consider the Weather: Consider the time of year and add the necessary requirements. If guests are visiting in the thick of winter, ensure you have extra blankets or even a hot water bottle. If they are visiting in summer, add a fan or a mosquito net to ensure a restful night’s sleep.
Find the Perfect Double Mattress
If you are ready to up your spare bedroom game and give guests that 5-star experience, find the perfect double mattress with our mattress-finder tool. When you shop with us, we’ll ensure ultimate comfort and affordability. When you choose The Bed Shop as your number-one bed and mattress supplier, you’ll enjoy a world-class experience, unbeatable prices, local products built to last, expert knowledge, and premium quality. We can’t wait to work with you and find the best bed for your needs.